IBSL Banking Qualifications
Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka provides the only official training for bankers. This academic program has been designed to provide practical skills in Banking and finance to professionals already engaged in or career aspirants in banking and finance professions covering banks, other financial institutions and markets, regulatory institutions and cooperate sector professionals who deal with banks and finance. Here in BCI with the best of facilities, the Banking classes will be conducted by the most qualified professionals from the banking field.
Course Content for IABF – Intermediate in Applied Banking and Finance (The first level)
- Survey of Financial System.
- Commercial Banking.
- Business Accounting.
- Introduction to banking & Finance Law
- Principles of Economics
- Financial Clients Management
Course Content for DABF – Diploma in Applied Banking & Finance (The second Level upon completion of the first level)
- Economics of Money & Monetary Policy.
- Financial Management.
- International trade & Finance
- Credit Management
- Central Banking.
- Development Finance
Minimum Qualifications for Registration
- An employee of a licensed bank or any financial institution licensed or approved by a state authority in Sri Lanka or abroad under any Statute
- An employee of a company incorporated under the company act or any institution established under any Statute or regulation in Sri Lanka or abroad
- A graduate or an undergraduate of a recognized university of Sri Lanka or abroad
- Final qualification offered by a professional institute in Sri Lanka or abroad in Finance, audit, management and marketing
- GCE(A/L) or equivalent examination in Sri Lanka or abroad having 3 passes with 2 credit passes and a credit pass in Mathematics in GCE(O/L) or equivalent examination in Sri Lanka or abroad
- GCE(A/L) or equivalent examination in Sri Lanka or abroad with 2 passes and GCE(O/L) or equivalent examination in Sri Lanka or abroad having 6 passes at two sittings with 5 credit passes including Mathematics
- GCE(O/L) or equivalent examination in Sri Lanka or abroad having 6 passes at one sitting having 5 credit passes including Mathematics.
6 months Per Level
Weekend Saturday and Sunday
Duration - 06 Months Per Level
Saturday 2.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Sunday 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
Commencement: 04th April 2020
Course Time Table
Please click here to view the time table
LKR 40,000.00 Per Level ( Exclusive of the institutional registration & exam fees)
LKR 6500.00 per Subject (Exclusive of the exam fee)
Can be paid in three instalments
- LKR 20,000 at the registration
- LKR 10,000 1st week of second month
- LKR 10,000 1st week of third month
Registration – Rs. 1000 (Not applicable for students who are already Registered with the institution)